Wednesday, 2 September 2026

Pan Pacs

 It was 24 yar ago that a few of us entered the World Masters Games mainly because the games had come to Melbourne, so let's give it a go we said. In about two months time I will be in Brisbane and an hour down the road they are running the Pan Pacific Masters Games. Last time we picked an event (8km cross country) at the time of entry and tried to prepare as best as possible in the eight weeks that were left.  It seems much the same this time around as I now have 9 weeks left having just spent my money on the entry fees.  I think it will workout at $65 per throw but it does take a lot of cash to organise these things.  I did a throws session this morning. It was across the road. However I found a more stable grassy patch which I could practice launching into a sandy patch. Not ideal conditions. On the way back I cleared up a mess from some party people who left empty packets and empty bottles at our favourite rock seat.

Two results to note. The womens list wasn't online so Debbie should have her time recorded somewhere. I note the men's shot category had seven competitors back then.

for someone else to pickup




No comments:

Post a Comment