Friday, 25 September 2026

Construction Track

 I made my way to the John Landy Track. Here are Geelong's best athletic facilities and I am expecting the toe boards to be in place as opposed to the rings where they have been removed in Barwon Heads. I checked the google satellite photos. There are lots of empty car parking bays all along the outside.  I arrived to a complete heavy duty construction zone. No carparking except what workers have grabbed at 7:00am. I parked a block away and carried the weight in a backpack.  There was obviously no access thru the main gate that I was looking at. I peered thru the fence and could see the rings. The track itself is cyclone fenced to the exact edge of the outside lane for the length of the main straight. A new grandstand is half finished. I watch as a pumping pipe is unfolded and passed over the shot put ring while it unloads it's slurry contents. There were people in there on the back straight so you can get in somewhere but I went home. Not to give up completely, I went across to the beach for yet another sandy session.

the ring is near the concrete pump


No comments:

Post a Comment