Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Cove Ride

 Last time we were around the Kewarra beach area a new bridge over the creek was being completed to link the bike track with Palm Cove. You can turn this into a 30km ride to Cairns all along bike paths however you have to get out from the beach and next to the highway to do it.  We tried looking for hire bikes in Cairns and the shop owner/mechanic there was negatively talking it down.  Worst bike theft rate in the country, the glass on that highway path is so bad, insurance is impossibly high for bike hiring yada yada. I got bikes in Palm Cove without a problem and wound our way to Trinity Beach right on the shoreline or thru forest most of the time. Last year I attached the gopro to the handle bars but the camera kept switching off.  I did it again with this ride and there was no problem. It may have been a heat issue back then but this time it was in the low 20s. 





No comments:

Post a Comment