Years ago hotels were hotels, nobody owned a hotel room. Part of the general digital disruption was AirBNB. They said let us promote your holiday house online. Then some monied up types started buying hotel rooms. This hotel is selling off rooms but then taking no responsibility for anyone staying in them. That is the hosts job. Our host is actually a remote hotel manager. She manages at least 30 rooms inside here by phone and is a paid employee of the owner of those rooms. I spoke to him and he lives in Melbourne. I asked why we could not use the gym here and we were told it was only for hotel guests as people in these 30 rooms are not hotel guests but he did negotiate use of the pool. Hooray. We have found this situation before say, at Mantra, they sell off rooms and in some cases all of them but they still manage it as a hotel however you will end up in a room that you can see has personal touches and is owned by someone else. I have not seen this at a high end Hilton or Ritz hotels but I have not been in one of those for a while.

No comments:
Post a Comment