I went back for another beach comb as my back is straightening out again after I bulged it a bit last week. I was mainly after the laminated board I left there last time. I noticed that the diversion structures are working well lately with a deeply scored channel running parallel to the groyne wall. The board was still in place so I walked the length of the beach again for another pickup run. Got an empty Jamieson bottle, a can and many plastics and rope pieces. Straws were the hot item this time including one straw in two halves that had washed up about 20 metres apart. Is that a science experiment telling us something? On the way back I found the big ticket item, being a medium sized tyre. Once I got the sand and seaweed out of it I could get it as far as the base of the ramp whilst juggling the full rubbish bag in the other hand. Good thing I have restarted my weight training. However I still had the heavy board there so now the tyre has been left and the board taken to the bin. Beach combing never ends.


No comments:
Post a Comment