Tuesday, 18 August 2026

Cascade Canyon

 We found a place with a large carpark but not so many cars. There was a note I read that said very crowded at the weekend. Good thing this was a Monday however there is plenty of space along the 1.2 km stretch of river for finding a swimming hole. We spent time gathering supplies before we arrived so carried lunch with us up to the top where the main waterfalls and swimming hole was located. We had it to ourselves until a band of muscians arrived however we had a prime rock table in the middle of the river. I think they were looking jealously at our egg sandwiches and wild turkey cans. We stayed for an hour or so here but I could not see any sooty grunters. On the way back there were other spots to sit amongst the gurgling. A three hour 2.5km walk with lunch and a swim.





No comments:

Post a Comment